Politically motivated criticisms and demands of accountability on national security issues have resulted in both administrative and criminal investigations of intelligence officers at all levels. This is particularly the case in the post 9/11 arena. It is because of these investigations and exposures that professional liability insurance (PLI) is available for all those involved in national security.
For many CIA and other intelligence employees, the cost of this insurance is 100% reimbursable by your agency (please check with your Office of General Counsel for information and reimbursement eligibility).
There are three areas of exposure that a professional liability policy responds to for intelligence personnel: civil law suits, administrative and disciplinary matters, and criminal investigations. For instance, PLI becomes necessary when facing:
- Congressional, OIG or other administrative matters/investigations;
- Personal capacity lawsuits (i.e., Bivens action); and
- Criminal Investigations.
FEDS PROTECTION HAS YOU COVERED
- For administrative matters, your FEDS policy will pay for legal defense to defend the allegations prepare you for the agency administrative or investigation process, attend the investigative interview with you, and defend you in any resulting disciplinary action at both the agency level and at the MSPB.
- If you are the subject of a criminal investigation, FEDS will pay for and provide legal defense.
- If you are sued, as a FEDS policy holder, you would be provided with an attorney to defend you in the civil action. Also, if there were a civil monetary judgment issued against you, your FEDS policy would pay up to $1,000,000 ($2,000,000 or $3,000,000 depending on the policy you choose) of the judgment in the event that the U.S. Government declines to indemnify you.
Enrollment takes less than 5 minutes.
FEDS Protection is Affordable:
$1,000,000 Policy: $290*
$2,000,000 Policy: $390*
$3,000,000 Policy: $490*
* Plus applicable taxes and administrative fees
Payroll deduction is available, starting at $12 per pay period.
HR-218/LEOSA Coverage Available for Federal Law Enforcement Officers.
For many CIA and other intelligence employees, the cost of PLI is 100% reimbursable by your agency. Please check with your Office of General Counsel for information about reimbursement eligibility.
Have questions? Call us at 866.955.FEDS.
Please see the Master Policy for complete policy terms and conditions.